This article covers a detailed story about Indian Foreign Minister S Jaishankar. It Covers more details about S Jaishankar’s Wikipedia, Wiki, Biography, Early Life, Indian Diplomat, Birthday, Birthplace, Age, Career, Caste, Affairs, Marital Status, Father, Mother, Family, Religion, wife name, First Wife, Second Wife, marriage, married, Son, Kids, Daughter, Siblings, Height, Body Measurements, Net Worth, Salary, Facts, Occupation, election, political leader, Profession, Education, Education Qualification, Achievements, Awards, Photos, Videos, Gossips, News, Career, contact number, Instagram & More.
S Jaishankar Bio/Wiki:
S Jaishankar is an Indian diplomat and politician serving as a minister in the Ministry of External Affairs. He was born on 9 January 1955 in New Delhi. His early education was completed at The Air Force School in Subroto Park, New Delhi. After that, he graduated in Chemistry from St Stephen’s College, University of Delhi.
He also did an MA in Political Science. Jaishankar has also done M Phil and Ph.D. in International Relations from Jawaharlal Nehru University. Along with this, he is specialized in Nuclear Diplomacy. After studying, he passed the Civil Service entrance exam while preparing for UPSC.
Joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1977 where he served as the second and third secretary under the Indian Mission in the Soviet Union in Moscow from 1979 to 1981. During this time he also studied Russian. After serving in Russia, he returned to New Delhi.
In India, he worked as Special Assistant to Diplomat Gopalaswami Parthasarathy and as Under Secretary in the US Department of the Ministry of External Affairs of India dealing with the United States. He was part of the team that resolved the dispute over the supply of US nuclear fuel to Tarapur power stations in India.
After this, Jaishankar Ji continuously worked as a diplomat of India in various countries around the world during his more than 38 years of service. In 2019, Jaishankar was awarded the Padma Shri award, India’s fourth highest civilian award.
Presently he is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and also a Member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha since 5 July 2019 representing Gujarat. He served as Foreign Secretary from January 2015 to January 2018.
S Jaishankar Diplomatic Career:
- Jaishankar Prasad Ji Joined the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) in 1977.
- Third secretary and Second secretary in the Indian mission to the Soviet Union in Moscow from 1979 to 1981.
- From 1985 to 1988 he was the first secretary at the Indian embassy in Washington, D.C.
- From 1988 to 1990, he served in Sri Lanka as First Secretary and political adviser to the Indian Peacekeeping Force (IPKF).
- From 1990 to 1993, he was Counsellor (Commercial) at the Indian mission in Budapest.
- From 1996 to 2000, he was a Deputy Chief of Mission at the Indian Embassy in Tokyo.
- In 2000, he was appointed India’s ambassador to the Czech Republic.
- He was Joint Secretary (Americas) at the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi from 2004 to 2007.
- He served as India’s High Commissioner to Singapore from 2007 to 2009.
- He was India’s longest-serving ambassador to China from 2009 to 2013.
- In September 2013, he was appointed as India’s Ambassador to the United States.
- On 29 January 2015, he was appointed as the Foreign Secretary of India.
- After he retired from service in 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi immediately appointed him as the Minister of External Affairs.
|Real Name||Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar Prasad|
|Nick Name||Dr. S. Jaishankar|
|Profession||Politician, Indian External Affairs Minister|
|Political Party||BJP (Bhartiya Janta Party)|
|Popular For||Indian External Affairs Minister|
|Date of Birth||9 January 1955|
|Age (as of 2023)||68 years|
|Birthplace||Netaji Nagar, New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Current Address||Apartment B-202,|
Gurgaon IFS Cooperative Group Housing Society,
|Highschool||The Air Force School, Subroto Park, New Delhi|
|College Name||*St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi, Delhi|
*Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||*Graduate in Chemistry|
*MA in Political Science
*M. Phill & Ph.D. in International Relations
*Specialized in Nuclear Diplomacy
|Zodiac Sign/Star Sign||Capricorn ♑️|
Body Measurements & Physical Stats:
S Jaishankar’s age in 2023 is 68 years and his height is 5 feet 5 inches, which is equal to 165 centimeters. His body weight is about 65 kg, he takes a proper diet to keep his body fit. His eye color is Black, and his hair color is also Grey.
|Age (as of 2023)||68 years|
|Height in Feet||in centimeter: 165 cm|
in meter: 1.65 m
in feet: 5′ 5″ inches
|Weight in kilogram||65 kg|
|Weight in pounds||143 lbs|
S Jaishankar Family Members & Their Relationship:
Jaishankar was born in a Tamil Brahmin family in New Delhi. His entire family believes in Hinduism and worships Hindu deities. S Jaishankar’s father’s name is Krishnaswamy Subrahmanyam and he was a prominent Indian strategic affairs analyst, commentator, and civil servant. Jaishankar’s father K Subrahmanyam was suffering from Cancer in his final years and he died due to Cardiac Arrest in All India Medical Science (AIMS), Delhi in 2011.
Jaishankar’s mother’s name is Sulochana Subrahmanyam and she did her Ph.D. in Music. Apart from his parents, there are also two brothers in his house, whose names are Sanjay Subrahmanyam and S Vinay Kumar. Jaishankar’s younger brother Sanjay Subrahmanyam is a historian and his elder brother S Vinay Kumar is an IAS officer who has been the former Rural Development Secretary of India. His marital status is married.
Jaishankar met his first wife Shobha while studying at JNU. Both of them fell in love with each other, after which both of them got married but due to cancer, Shobha died. After that, he had his second marriage to Japan-born Kyoko Somekawa. After marrying to Jaishankar, his wife Kyoko converted to Hinduism. Now she is the mother of three children Dhruv Jaishankar, Arjun Jaishankar, and daughter Medha Jaishankar.
S Jaishankar’s elder son Dhruva Jaishankar is associated with a think tank on the industrial sector in America. His eldest son is married to an American woman. His younger son’s name is Arjun Jaishankar and his daughter Medha Jaishankar is a film director in Los Angeles.
|Parents||Father: Late K. Subrahmanyam (Died in 2011; Bureaucrat)|
Mother: Late Sulochana Subrahmanyam (died in 2022)
|Siblings||Brother: S Vijay Kumar (IAS Officer)|
Sanjay Subrahmanyam (Historian)
Sister: Sudha Subrahmanyam
Dhruv Jaishankar (elder)
Arjun Jaishankar (younger)
Daughter: Medha Jaishankar
|Wife Name||Shobha Jaishankar (First Wife; Died)|
Kyoko Somekawa Jaishankar (Second Wife)
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
S Jaishankar Net Worth, Income & Salary:
According to the election affidavit given in 2019, the total net worth of S Jaishankar Ji is more than ₹15 crores. He is currently the Foreign Minister of India. He also owns a Toyota Corolla Altis car worth more than ₹17 lakh.
|Salary||₹250,000 (US$3,100)+ other allowances as an MEA (in 2019)|
|Car Collection||• Toyota Corolla Altis (2018 Model)|
|Total Net Worth||• Bank Deposits: ₹9 crores+|
• Jewellery: 149 gm Gold jewelry & 9.2 kg silver (₹42.5 lakh+)
• Agricultural Lands: Worth ₹25+ Lakh
• Residential Buildings: Worth ₹60+ lakhs
Social Media Handle & Other Contact Details:
|@drsjaishankar (65k+ followers)|
|@drs.jaishankar (450k+ followers)|
|@DrSJaishankar (2.3m+ followers)|
|Mobile/Phone Number||Not Known|
Some Interesting Facts About S Jaishankar:
- S. Jaishankar was born into a Tamil Hindu Brahmin family in Netaji Nagar, New Delhi.
- He is an Indian diplomat and politician serving as a minister in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Jaishankar Ji continuously worked as a diplomat of India in various countries around the world during his more than 38 years of service.
- He cleared the UPSC entrance exam and joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1977.
- His father Krishnaswamy Subrahmanyam was an Indian Bureaucrat.
- He and her wife Kyoko Jaishankar celebrate his birthday on the same day 9th of January.
Disclaimer: All images are available on S Jaishankar’s official Instagram Account. Images can be taken from his official Instagram account for educational purposes. Image Credit goes to the respective owners of the Image Creator.
This is the full details on S Jaishankar Biography, Age, Height, Father, Family, Wife, Son, Net Worth & More. Please share this post with your friends and keep visiting us on celebwale.com for famous personalities and trending people’s biography with updated details. If you have any thoughts, experiences, or suggestions regarding this post or our website. you can feel free to share your thought with us.