This article covers a detailed story about Producer Ekta Kapoor. It Covers more details about Ekta Kapoor’s Early Life, Age, Career, Caste, Affairs, Marital Status, Father, Mother, Family, Kids, Affair, Boyfriends, Husband, Spouse, Siblings, Brother, Sister, Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, Net Worth, Salary, Facts, Occupation, Profession, Education Qualification, Achievements, Awards, Photos, Videos, Gossips, News, Career, Serial, television show, tv shows, movies, an upcoming movie, Movies List, & More.
Ekta Kapoor Bio/Wiki:
Ekta Kapoor is an Indian television producer, film producer, and director who works in Hindi films and TV soap operas. She is also the Joint Managing Director and Creative Head of Balaji Telefilms. She was born on 7 June 1975 in Bombay, Maharashtra. She did her early education at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim West, Maharashtra. After that obtained a commerce degree from Mithibai College, Mumbai. Ekta started her career at the age of just 17. She was associated with ad and feature filmmaker Kailash Surendranath as an intern.
She later became a producer under her banner Balaji Telefilms after her father’s financial support. However, she did not get success in the beginning and about 6 of his pilot projects were flops due to which she had to bear a loss of about ₹50 lakhs. In 1995, Ekta got her first success with Zee TV’s program Hum Paanch. After that in 2000, Ekta on the advice of an astrologer started adding k alphabets in front of the names of all her serials. In 2000, his first serial Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, starting with the K alphabet, broke all the records of TRP ratings in TV history.
After this, she made many serials starting with the letter k which included hit television serials like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii, Kohi Apna Sa, Kaahin Kissii Roz, Kalash, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kahiin To Hoga and Kasamh Se. In 2001, she was awarded the title of Best Entrepreneur of the Year. By 2001, she was usually producing more than 30 hours of television serials in a week. 20 out of his 34 serials were listed as the most popular serials which were telecasted on big platforms like Sony TV, Zee TV, Star Plus, and Metro.
Her total turnover from 2000 to 2001 was above ₹35 crores. After establishing herself in the Hindi television industry, Ekta turned to the Tamil television industry. She started the Tamil series Kudumbum which proved to be the biggest hit. She dubbed the Kudumbum series in Telugu and later launched it in Hindi under the name Ghar Ek Mandir. Apart from this, she has also made serials in regional languages like Punjabi, Bengali, Marathi, and Gujarati. Since 2001, instead of getting the scripts of her serials written by a scriptwriter, she writes herself.
She has produced more than 130 Indian television serials, for which she is also called the Queen of Indian Television. Apart from this, Ekta also stepped into the field of Bollywood movie production in 2001 and started with the Bollywood movie Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta. During that time she produced Bollywood films like Kucch To Hai, Krishna Cottage, Kyaa Kool Hai Hum, and Shootout at Lokhandwala. In 2022, she continues to launch many shows on Alt Balaji’s digital app of her production Alt Balaji. She has also produced many web series.
- In 2007, Smriti Irani made an exit from Ekta’s serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” after a clash with Ekta. However, she was later brought back to the serial in 2008 due to a fall in the ratings of the show.
- Ekta is also criticized for the nudity clause in her contract.
- Pulkit Samrat who made an exit from the serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” had some payment issues with Ekta. He filed a case against Balaji Telefilms for not clearing his pending payments and also for not allowing him to work on some other projects.
- After the rumors of the film Drishyam’s resemblance to the Japanese Novel ‘The Devotion of Suspect X, Kapoor sent a legal notice to the makers of Drishyam claiming the ownership of its copyrights. This gave rise to many controversies.
- A protest was carried out by the Rajput Kshatriya Akhil Bharatiya Chatariya Sabha against the TV serial “Jodha Akbar” as they thought that false facts were being presented by Ekta in her serial. Ekta Kapoor said about the Indian Army in Controversial ‘XXX’ Season 2 Scene:
“Ekta Kapoor said on Indian Army on controversies of XXX web-series” As an individual and as an organization, we are deeply respectful towards the Indian Army. Their contribution to our well-being and security is immense. We have already deleted the scene that is being spoken about, so the action has been taken from our side. We fully apologize for any sentiment that is hurt unintentionally. What we don’t appreciate is the bullying and the rape threats by the trolls,” the producer said in a statement.”
|Real Name||Ekta Ravi Kapoor|
|Profession||Producer, Director, Venture Capitalist, Businessman|
|Popular for||as a producer|
|Date of Birth||7 June 1975|
|Age (as of 2023)||48 years|
|Birthplace||Bombay (Mumbai), Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|Current Address||26 Greater Bombay Society,|
Gulmohar Cross Road 5,
JPVD Scheme, Mumbai 400049,
|High School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College Name||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in B.com|
|Language Known||Hindi & English|
|Zodiac Sign/Star Sign||Gemini ♊|
|Debut in (as a Producer)||Bollywood: Kyo Ki Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta (2001)|
Television: Mano Ya Na Mano (1995)
Body Measurement & Physical Stats:
Ekta Kapoor’s age is 48 years in 2023 and her height is 5 feet 4 inches, which is 163 cm. Her body weight is 55 kg and Ekta’s body measurement is 32-28-34. Her eye color is Black and her hair color is Black.
Ekta Kapoor Family Members & Their Relationship:
Ekta was born in a prosperous Hindu family in Bombay. His family believes in Hinduism and worships Hindu deities. Ekta Kapoor’s father’s name is Jitendra and he has been a well-known Bollywood actor. His mother’s name is Shobha Kapoor. Ekta also has a younger brother Tusshar Kapoor and he is also a Bollywood actor. Her marital status is unmarried but she gave birth to a baby boy named Ravie Kapoor through surrogacy on 27 January 2019.
|Parents||Father: Jitendra (actor)|
Mother: Shobha Kapoor (producer)
|Siblings||Brother: Tusshar Kapoor (younger, actor)|
|Children/Kids||Son: Ravie Kapoor (via surrogacy)|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Not Known|
|Affairs with/Boyfriends||Not Known|
Ekta Kapoor’s Net Worth:
The total net worth of Ekta Kapoor is more than ₹ 100 crores. She earns more than ₹ 1 crore every month. He also has a luxurious house in Mumbai which is worth more than ₹ 8 crores. She continues to produce many films, serials, and web series in the industry. She has a production house named Alt Balaji. Apart from this, she also has real estate properties abroad. Ekta is also the owner of luxury vehicles like Ford, Mercedes Benz, Audi, and BMW, which are worth crores.
|Salary||₹ 1 crore every month|
|Car Collection||Ford, Mercedes Benz, Audi & BMW|
|Total Net Worth||above ₹100 crores (as of 2022)|
Social Media Account & Other Contact Details:
|@ektaarkapoor (3.5m+ followers)|
|@ektarkapoor (4.5m+ followers)|
|@ektaravikapoor (1k+ followers)|
|Mobile/Phone Number||Not Known|
|Office Address||C-13, Balaji House,|
Dalia Industrial Estate,
Opposite Laxmi, Industrial Estate,
New Link Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400053
Some Interesting Facts About Ekta Kapoor:
- Ekta Kapoor started her career at the age of 15.
- She had a son named Ravi Kapoor via surrogacy who was born on 27 January 2019.
- Ekta Kapoor is the daughter of actors Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor and her brother’s name is Tushar Kapoor.
- She started producing TV serials at the age of 15.
- Kapoor was honored with the Padma Shri in 2020.
- She has produced approx 130 TV serials & 35 movies & 28 web series till now.
- Ekta produced and launched many TV serials, movies, and web series.
- K is the lucky alphabet for Ekta. So; the majority of her TV serials began with the letter K.
- Ekta launched many stars like Vidya Balan, Sushant Singh Rajput, Ronit Roy, and Prachi Desai.
- She is afraid of Heights, Darkness & helicopters.
- She loves dogs and has adopted various stray dogs.
- Ekta believes in numerology. She changed the title of her film Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Again to Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara! for numerological reasons.
This is the full details on Ekta Kapoor Biography, Age, Height, Father, Family, Husband, Children, Net Worth & More. Please share this post with your friends and keep visiting us on celebwale.com for famous personalities and trending people’s biographies with updated details. If you have any thoughts, experiences, or suggestions regarding this post or our website. you can feel free to share your thoughts with us.